Here at The Bridge we are committed to building and strengthening three key relationships: our relationship with God, our relationship with each other, and our relationship with our community. As we grow in each of these three relationships we will bridge the gap between who we are and who God has created us to be.
Unity isn't uniformity. Unity recognizes there is a 'shared theology' that we hold together as a covenant community.
It was A.W. Tozer that said 'what you believe about God is the most important thing about you.' We are inclined to agree! Our doctrine, both our essential beliefs as followers of Jesus and our distinctive that identify us as charismatic and Pentecostal, affects how we relate to God, influences our passion for Jesus, and deepens our dedication to His teachings and His Gospel.
- We believe the Bible is God-inspired (2 Timothy 3:16,17).
- We believe God is Triune: Father, Son and Holy Spirit (2 Corinthians 13:14).
BECOMING A CHRISTIAN
- We believe that man was created in the image of God, but that by voluntary disobedience he fell from perfection (Romans 5:12).
- We believe that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us, signing the pardon of all who believe on Him (John 3:16; Romans 5:8).
- We believe that we have no righteousness and must come to God pleading the righteousness of Christ (Ephesians 2:8).
- We believe that upon sincere repentance, and a whole-hearted acceptance of Christ, we are justified before God (1 John 1:9).
- We believe that the change which takes place in the heart and life at conversion is a very real one (2 Corinthians 5:17; Galatians 2:20).
- We believe that divine healing is the power of Christ to heal the physically sick in answer to the prayer of faith (James 5:14-16).
- We believe that the Holy Spirit has gifts to bestow upon the Christian; and that we should show spiritual fruit as evidence of a Spirit-filled life (1 Corinthians 12:1-11; Galatians 5:22).
- We believe that the Baptism with the Holy Spirit is to endue the believer with power; and that His incoming is after the same manner as in Bible days (Acts 2:4).
- We believe that baptism by immersion is an outward sign of an inward work (Matt. 28:19). We believe in the commemoration of the Lord’s Supper by the symbolic use of the bread and juice of the vine (1 Corinthians 11:24, 25).
- We believe that the method ordained of God for the support and spread of His cause is by giving of tithes and free-will offerings (Malachi 3:10; 2 Corinthians 9:7).
- We believe that soul winning is the most important responsibility of the Church (James 5:20).
- We believe it is our sacred duty to identify ourselves with the visible Body of Christ (Acts 16:5; Hebrews 10:25).
- We believe that it is the will of God that we be sanctified daily, growing constantly in the faith (Hebrews 6:1).
- We believe that rulers should be upheld at all times except in things opposed to the will of God (Romans 13:1-5).
- We believe that the experience and daily walk of the believer should never lead him into extremes of fanaticism (Philippians 4:5).
- We believe that it is the will of God that we walk in the Spirit daily (Ephesians 4:30-32).
- We believe that the second coming of Christ is personal and imminent (1 Thessalonians 4:16, 17).
- We believe that all shall stand some day before the judgement seat of God, and there receive eternal life or death (2 Corinthians 5:10).
- We believe that heaven is the glorious eternal home of born-again believers (John 14:1-3; Revelation 7:15-17).
- We believe that hell is the place of eternal torment for all who reject Christ as the Savior (Revelation 20:10,15
We are a Foursquare Church. You can read all about what the Foursquare denomination believes on their website.