We Teach That
- We believe the Bible is God-inspired (2 Timothy 3:16,17).
- We believe God is Triune: Father, Son and Holy Spirit (2 Corinthians 13:14).
Becoming a Christian
- We believe that man was created in the image of God, but that by voluntary disobedience he fell from perfection (Romans 5:12).
- We believe that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us, signing the pardon of all who believe on Him (John 3:16; Romans 5:8).
- We believe that we have no righteousness and must come to God pleading the righteousness of Christ (Ephesians 2:8).
- We believe that upon sincere repentance, and a whole-hearted acceptance of Christ, we are justified before God (1 John 1:9).
- We believe that the change which takes place in the heart and life at conversion is a very real one (2 Corinthians 5:17; Galatians 2:20).
- We believe that divine healing is the power of Christ to heal the physically sick in answer to the prayer of faith (James 5:14-16).
- We believe that the Holy Spirit has gifts to bestow upon the Christian; and that we should show spiritual fruit as evidence of a Spirit-filled life (1 Corinthians 12:1-11; Galatians 5:22).
- We believe that the Baptism with the Holy Spirit is to endue the believer with power; and that His incoming is after the same manner as in Bible days (Acts 2:4).
- We believe that baptism by immersion is an outward sign of an inward work (Matt. 28:19). We believe in the commemoration of the Lord’s Supper by the symbolic use of the bread and juice of the vine (1 Corinthians 11:24, 25).
- We believe that the method ordained of God for the support and spread of His cause is by giving of tithes and free-will offerings (Malachi 3:10; 2 Corinthians 9:7).
- We believe that soul winning is the most important responsibility of the Church (James 5:20).
- We believe it is our sacred duty to identify ourselves with the visible Body of Christ (Acts 16:5; Hebrews 10:25).
- We believe that it is the will of God that we be sanctified daily, growing constantly in the faith (Hebrews 6:1).
- We believe that rulers should be upheld at all times except in things opposed to the will of God (Romans 13:1-5).
- We believe that the experience and daily walk of the believer should never lead him into extremes of fanaticism (Philippians 4:5).
- We believe that it is the will of God that we walk in the Spirit daily (Ephesians 4:30-32).
- We believe that the second coming of Christ is personal and imminent (1 Thessalonians 4:16, 17).
- We believe that all shall stand some day before the judgement seat of God, and there receive eternal life or death (2 Corinthians 5:10).
- We believe that heaven is the glorious eternal home of born-again believers (John 14:1-3; Revelation 7:15-17).
- We believe that hell is the place of eternal torment for all who reject Christ as the Savior (Revelation 20:10,15).
The Bridge is a part of the Foursquare denomination. The Foursquare Church is a family of 1800 churches that exist to glorify God and advance His kingdom. To learn more about the Foursquare family of churches — their history, what they believe and all the resources available — visit their website.